If you are managing many accounts, it might get tiring to assign settings to all your accounts one by one. However, we can fix this by using a combination of templates and groups.
Create a Template
Before we can mass assign the same settings to multiple accounts, we first need to create a template that contains our settings. To do that, go to the overview of a random account. Then navigate to the Settings tab. Here you should set up your settings to your desires. If you need more information on setting up your account be sure to check other tutorials that discuss this topic.
Once you have setup your settings, you will see at the top right a Templates button that will open an overview of all your templates. You want to save your newly setup settings. To do that click on the Floppy Disk icon to create a new template from the settings of the account.
You will be prompted to choose a name (make sure this isn't too long) and an (optional) description. Once that has been done you will see your newly created template in the template overview. You can now close the account overview and head back to the general overview.
Create a Group
Now that we have our template we should create a group. You might be wondering what a group is. A group is simply put, a collection of accounts that you want to manage/monitor easily. You can, for example, add all the accounts that are in the same niche to the same group.
To create a group you have to right click and select Groups > Overview.
You will see an overview of all your created overviews. If you haven't created any groups, you should only see one default group. To create a new group, simply right-click and select the Add option. You will have to choose a unique group name and click OK. Your group has now been created and added to the group overview.
Apply Template to Accounts
Now to assign the template you created in step one all you have to do is right-click your newly created template and select the Assign Template option. Select your custom template from the drop-down and click on OK to proceed.
Now that you created your group and assigned a template to it, all you have to do is add your accounts to the group. To do this head back to the general overview and select all the accounts you want to add to the group. You can select multiple accounts by dragging over them with your cursor.
Once you have selected the accounts you want to add, right-click any account that is selected and select the option Groups > Add To Group. Select your custom group from the drop-down and click on OK.
That is it! All your accounts that are in your group will have the same settings.
- When you deleted a group, all accounts will automatically be moved back to the default group.
- When an assigned template gets deleted, the group won't have any template assigned anymore.
- A template assigned to a group will only be applied to accounts for the following conditions:
- A new account is added to the group (only the new account(s) will have the template assigned.
- A new template is assigned to the group
- Because templates are only assigned when specific conditions are met, you can change the settings of an account without it being affected (unless the specified conditions are met).
- All accounts in the same group share the same group blacklist available throughout various modules.